Bre adores the Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice drink and I admit it, I’m quite the fan myself. We’re just not a fan of shucking out the bucks for it. So naturally, I’ve been experimenting to get a close facsimile to the real thing and I think I’ve got it! I thought I would give you the recipe using the most common size container apple cider comes in just to make life that much easier. You’ll have to excuse the not-so-good image, I was organizing the kitchen while this was brewing and really didn’t have the space to set up a nice display with lighting and all that jazz. [Btw, those awesome mugs in the picture are from artist Mickey Mueller!]
- 2 quarts Apple Cider (apple juice works as well but you’ll need to add mulling spices) – Save the container!
- 3/4 cup caramel syrup or dipping caramel (the stuff you pour over ice cream that is more liquid than regular caramel)
- 1 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Options: whipped cream for top or sweetened almond milk to cool, honey to taste
- Add all the ingredients (except the optional ones) into your crockpot.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Set your heat for “low”.
- Set your timer for 4 hours.
- Go do something else.
- Come back after 4 hours and serve hot with honey, milk and/or whipped cream.
- Let any remaining cider cool, pour into the cider container you saved from earlier and refrigerate.
- To enjoy at a later point in time, pour mix into a mug, microwave till desired temperature, add milk/whipped cream or honey.