- 1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons of the canning water from the beans
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Olive Oil
- Open cans, save 3 tablespoons of canning water, drain and rinse the beans.
- Deposit the beans in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, canning water, tahini and garlic.
- Blend until thickens.
- While still mixing, slowly add olive oil a little at a time until mixture is no longer dry and starts to get creamy.
- Add salt.
- Mix for a few moments more.
- Taste test – For more garlic flavor, add garlic powder and salt to taste. (Note: garlic flavor really comes through once the mixture has sat in the fridge for a few hours).
- Continue to mix until it reaches a rich, creamy consistency (repeat step 5 if needed).
- Put in a bowl with a lid and allow to sit for about four hours before serving.