- 1.5 lbs Sockeye Salmon
- Torn mixed greens
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 Tbsp Butter/margarine
- 3 Tbsp Safflower Oil* (adjust according to taste, I like a light oil so I use it sparingly)
- 1 Blood Orange
- 1 Tbsp Fennel seeds
- .25 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- Cook Jasmine rice according to directions and set aside.
- On low heat**, add butter, oil, fennel seeds, lemon juice, & syrup to a skillet.
- Add salmon once oil mixture is hot.
- Add half of the blood orange.
- Flip salmon often to ensure even coating while cooking or break it up as shown in image.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Once the salmon has finished cooking, add the remaining half of the blood orange and stir.
- Let fish cool slightly before adding over torn mixed greens so not to cook/scorch them.
*Grapeseed or any other light flavored oil would do
**If you like a crisped skin to the fish, turn the heat to medium and allow the oil mixture to become quite hot before adding the salmon skin first. Let it crisp/slightly brown before lowering the temperature and continuing to cook the salmon.