- 8.5 oz. Cornbread/muffin mix (boxed or your own blend)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb (or 1 chopped onion)
- Shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese mix for topping
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms de-stemmed and sliced (save the stems for soup stock)
- 1 cup seitan (I use my homemade beef flavored seitan) or browned beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use butter or vegetable oil to grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl thoroughly incorporate dry ingredients and eggs.
- Add all other ingredient (except the cheese topping).
- Spread this mixture into the casserole dish; top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes.